Rare and Old Books Reading Room
Rare and Old Books Reading Room serves for the purposes of historical collection research and for studying of publications focused on Košice and the region of eastern Slovakia.
What do we offer?
- visit the permanent exhibition of the unique Vizsoly Bible and prints of the 16th century
- on-site study of historical documents, which you can order by email (
- on-site study of selected newspapers and journals published in Slovakia before 1918 with a focus on regional periodicals,
- on-site study of publications published after 1918 about Košice and the region of eastern Slovakia
- free self-service document scanning and the printing to A4 format,
- access to electronic full-text resources, e.g. database Arcanum Digitális Tudománytár,
- consultations and information retrieval in the online bibliographic database, containing an analytical description of articles from the periodicals published in the historical regions of Zemplín, Spiš and Gemer in the years 1901 - 1918,
- a guided tour for primary and secondary school students which will focus on the documents from the historical collection
Patrons and visitors must obey the Rare and Old Books Reading Room Regulations.
Pri Miklušovej väznici 1, 042 30 Košice
+421 556 222 236; +421 918 245 902; + 421 918 245 904; +421 918 248 073