How can i register?
Online registration can be in online catalogue. If you prefer an in-person registration, please contact our staff at Reference Desk located in Library Services Hall on the ground floor in the main library building on Hlavná 10.
How do I renew my library card?
- Send an e-mail to the address: email@example.com including your library ID number Sxxxxxx and e-mail address you provided when registering for the library membership. Indicate also the changes that have occurred in your personal data, e.g. change of your e-mail address, surname, termination of studies, your retirement, your eligibility for disability card, etc. We will inform you by e-mail about the renewal status of your library card. You can pay the registration fees for the next period through your library account after log-in into our online library catalog. Use the “Fees” section in the menu. You will be able to use the library services immediately after paying the registration fee.
- Make a phone call on tel. no. +421918245877 or +421918245878. State your library ID number Sxxxxxx and e-mail address you provided when registering for the library membership. You can pay your registration fee through your library account after log-in into our online library catalog. Use the “Fees” section in the menu. You can use the library services immediately after paying the registration fee.
- In person at Circulation Desk in the Library Services Hall (Hlavná 10). You can pay the registration fee by credit card or in cash.
What does it mean if the book says "Absenčne " and "Prezenčne"?
“Absenčne” (absence loan) - the document is allowed to be borrowed off-site outside the library, and taken home. If a document record indicates a date “Požičané do - lent until…” , the book has already been borrowed by another patron and the date indicated in the record is the nearest due date for the document. “Prezenčne” (presence loan) - you may study a document only on-site in the library, it is not allowed to be borrowed home.
What does it mean if a book record reads: "Príručka" and "Povinný výtlačok"?
“Príručka” (hanbook, guide) - a document is part of a reference collection and it is available for on-site study only in the library (see also “Location”). The document is not available for ordering through the online catalog either. “Povinný výtlačok” (Mandatory Copy) - the document is available for an off-site loan.
What shall I understand by “Voľný výber”?
You can pick up a document yourself from a freely accessible collection without the assistance of a librarian, for example, in the Main Reading Room, in the American Center Košice or in the German Library GI.
How can I return a book?
Borrowed books can be returned by anyone at Circulation Desk, in a return box outside the library at Hlavná 10 (24/7) or, in exceptional cases, as an insured packet by post or delivery company.
What should I do if I am not able or do not have time to pick up books which are ready to be borrowed for me?
Please request an extension of the deadline for picking up the ordered document by 3 working days by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +421556222780 or +421 91824588.
How can I copy a document?
- you may use your own camera or mobile phone,
- you may use our self-service scanner and download a scanned document to your USB memory stick (free of charge),
- you can ask our library staff to make a photocopy (this service is chargeable).
Please note that, according to our copyright law, we are allowed to copy for you a maximum of 20% of the contents of the requested document.
May I use a free internet access?
In the Library Services Hall and in all the reading rooms, wifi connection is available.
Are there public computers in the library that I could use?
A total of 30 public workstations are available to users in the Library Services Hall and other reading rooms.